Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bottom 5 Video Game Interfaces!

I have come across some terrible video game interfaces in my day. Up to right now, these are my bottom 5 video game interfaces from the next gen consoles.

5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Why is the type so small that I need a magnifying glass to see it? The interface itself is not ugly, just somewhat impractical. I shouldn't have to stand 6 inches away from my television to be able to read the type.



4. Marvel vs Capcom 3 - MvC3 is one of the best fighting games that I have ever played. Such an anticipated, artistic, beautiful game; with quite possibly the most annoying online gaming interface. Why in the blue hell do we need to be sent back to the main menu every time you don't find a game? I have no idea. (On a side note, you are also forced to play against people that are sometimes a much higher level than you). Other than that, what forces this great game's interface to the number 4 spot on the bottom 5 is it's function rather than appearance.



3. Elder's Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Slow loading in-game interface and to make it worse – the soundtrack for the load screen and menues was god-awful. 


2. UFC 2010 - Whatever number 3 did, number 2 did even worse. I loved playing UFC 2010, it was such a fantastic game... plagued with an awful musical score and outrageously long load times.


1. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion – Again. Sorry, I just can't stand the soundtrack. It's really THAT bad. Sometimes I play the game muted, just because it practically makes my ears bleed. Sometimes I just yell at the tv screen out of frustration because of the soundtrack. Just listen for yourself.



Do you think I missed any of your hated menus? Let me know! Tune in next week for some more imagination.

1 comment: